Tri-State Honor Band ~ January 25-27, 2018
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Music Division proudly announces the annual the UTC Honor Band. This musical opportunity is made available for high school students currently enrolled in grades 9 – 12 on the campus of UT-Chattanooga, with a final performance in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall.
Below, you will find important information regarding the Honor Band:
- Students are chosen by director’s nomination, based only on the information contained on the enclosed nomination forms.If you are a student who wishes to participate, please ask your director to contact us in order to do so. Please Note: Your students are chosen only on the basis of the information on the nomination form. Fill it out to the best of your ability, and sell your students with the best of their ability.
- It is not possible to ensure that every school that sends nominations will get students into the ensembles.
- All students nominated must be available for the entire weekend. Please do not nominate students with conflicts.
- Music will be handed out once auditions are completed and students have taken their chairs for the honor band.
- Deadline for applications is Friday, December 01, 2017. You will receive email notification of accepted students by December 15, 2017.
- Nominations will only be accepted via our website nomination form.
- Participation Fee is $30 per student. Please do not send money until you have received notification of accepted nominees!
- Meals are available from the campus cafeteria, and from the area restaurants (more information to come)
- Registration and meal fees are non-refundable.
- A listing of off-campus hotels will be provided upon request.
- All 12 Major Scales (multiple octaves optional)
- Chromatic scale showing your practical range
- 2 Sight reading pieces of contrasting styles
We look forward to an exciting Honor Band Festival with you and your students. We hope that you will take advantage of his opportunity - for yourself, your best students, and your program. We know it will be a rewarding weekend!
- October 01, 2017: Nominations open
- December 01, 2017: Nominations close
- December 10, 2017: Students are notified of their acceptance; Audition materials are provided