Band Day 2017
UTC Band Day is an annual event that invites area high school band students to join the Marching Mocs for a day. Students participate in game day activities including a morning rehearsal, pregame and halftime performances, and playing in the stands during the game. Students get the feeling of what it is like to be in a university marching band and are mentored by our very own Marching Mocs. Typically, we have anywhere from 300-400 students join us! This year, we will be hosting our eleventh annual Band Day on Saturday, September 16 during our home game against UT-Martin. We hope you can join us!
Lunch and some UTC swag will be provided for everyone!
- Registration deadline is Friday, September 1.
- Registration must be completed by band directors for their students. We ask that band directors accompany their students at Band Day.
- Music will be provided to band directors for the students prior to Band Day.
- Band directors are responsible for supplying the music to their students before they arrive at UTC and are also responsible for ensuring their students have flip folders and lyres.
- Students and band directors get into the game for free. Two band boosters per band are admitted for free, as well, if their name is listed in the registration. All other guests (other boosters, parents, children accompanying boosters and parents) must pay the admission fee.
- We are encouraging full band participation, but will welcome as few or as many students that can come from each school.
- Drum majors, color guard members, and majorettes are invited as well. Color guard members and majorettes should bring their own flag or baton.
- We will not have a front ensemble. We suggest that those who play in a front ensemble bring cymbals to play for the day.
- Each school must supply their own ponchos in case of inclement weather.
For more information about the game, including ticket information and directions to the stadium, see this link.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Dr. Craig B. Davis
Director of Bands
Dr. Erika Schafer
Assistant Director of Bands